Mme. Deidre's Teacher Page!
Well here we are in the month of "octobre"! I'm not sure where the month of September went! The French Immersion Kindergarten students are doing well adjusting to our classroom routines. We have enjoyed a few messy crafts, gym time with Mr. Middleton, the school Walk-athon, and lots of other engaging, learning moments over the past month. We are practicing French vocabulary on a daily basis through repetition, songs & classroom routines. I am proud of each student and I am enjoying watching them learn "en Français"!
Here's some important dates to remember for the month of October:
- Tuesday, October 2nd- Feather Assembly @ 9:30 am
- Monday, October 8th- NSD: No school for all students & staff
- Thursday, October 18th- Nature Walk (our class)
- Friday, October 19th- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- Monday, October 22nd- School Council Fundraiser Due
- Thursday, October 11th & Thursday, October 25- Circle of Friends
- Friday, October 26th- Baking Halloween Cookies (day) & Halloween School Dance @ 6-8 pm (school gym)
- Wednesday, October 31st- Halloween Parade & classroom party (pm)
- BOOK FAIR: week of October 22nd-October 24th
With the weather quickly cooling off, please make sure your child arrives at school with the proper clothing for the weather. It's always a great idea to have an extra pair of mittans tucked away in their backpacks. We will continue to do our morning walk until it is too cold. The students are looking forward to visiting Mrs. Murray in the library on Fridays where they will have the opportunity to borrow a book and bring home to share with you!
Please continue to contact me should you have any questions or concerns, thank-you for all you do to ensure your child's success in learning!