Mme. Deidre's Teacher Page!
Bonne Année 2018! Happy New Year 2018!
I cannot believe it's the month of January already! Our Kindergarten year is flying by! The students are continuing to do so well with learning French as a second language. As the weeks pass, I continue to be proud of the daily efforts each students makes in our classroom.
This month, we will also be starting: “Bag of Books”.There are 30 different “bag of books”. Your child will have the opportunity to bring a “bag of books” and do a variety of activities at home with you. When he/she brings it back to school, your child will bring home a different “Bag of Books” for you to enjoy together. Each bag contains at least 2 children’s books (1 in French and 1 in English) plus some related activities and materials for families to enjoy together at home (games, puzzles, matching, etc). Please ensure to check the contents of the bag before you send it back to be sure all the books and materials are returned. Each bag has a content sheet to help you to do this. Once your child has finished 8 Bags of Books, he or she will receive a feather. **I do have French CDs that accompany the books. If you would like to borrow one for the remainder of the year, please let me know and I will send one home. PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE LIBRARY BOOKS IN THE BAG OF BOOKS!
Here are some important dates to remember for the up coming months:
- Circle of Friends: Friday, Jan. 12th & Friday, Jan. 19th
- Animal Parade: (our class only) Friday, Jan. 19th @ 1:15 p.m. in Westhaven Gym
- NON KINDERGARTEN DAY: Friday, Jan. 27th (Grades 1-5 DO have regular school)
- School Feather Assembly: Monday, Feb. 5th @ 10:45 a.m.
- Circle of Friends: Tuesday, Feb. 6th & Feb. 20
- NON STUDENT DAYS: (Teachers Convention): Thursday, Feb.8th & Friday, Feb. 9th
- NON KINDERGARTEN DAY: Friday, Feb. 23rd (Grades 1-5 DO have regular school)
- Pink Shirt Day: Wednesday, Feb. 28th
- Report Cards Home: Friday, March 2nd
- School Wide Feather Assembly: Monday, March 5th @ 9:00 a.m.
- Steve Hamar "Magician" Presentation: Friday, March 16th @ 12:50 p.m.
- MARCH BREAK: March 24th-April 2nd **School Resumes Tuesday, April 3rd 2018
Please continue to contact me should you have any questions or concerns with regards to your child! I look forward to the upcoming months with learning, gaining new skills and growing together!