Mme. Deidre's Teacher Page!
The month of April has arrived and we are happy that "Spring has sprung"! Our school yard is quite wet yet so please continue to send your child to school with the proper clothing. A change of extra clothes (to be kept in their locker) is always a great idea!
I continue to be impressed with each students success as the days come and go by. They have been working hard to recognize all letters of the alphabet in French and we are now practicing syllables and letter sounds. With only a couple of months left in the school year, I believe it is very important to prepare the Kindergaten students for their upcoming year in Grade 1. We will continue to practice counting, letter recognition and syllables as well as sentence structure on a daily basis for the remainder of the school year. I greatly appreciate the time you take to work on your child's skills at home as well; it makes the world of difference!
Let's take a look at some upcoming important dates to take note of:
- April 4th: Feather Assembly @ 1:15 p.m.
- April 6th & April 19th: Circle of Friends
- FRIDAY, APRIL 20th: NO SCHOOL for all students and staff
- April 23rd: "Eggs Everywhere" video conference
- April 25th: Evergreen Theatre Performance @ 1:30 p.m. (families are welcome to attend)
- April 26th: Storyteller @ 1:10 p.m.
- FRIDAY, April 27th: NO SCHOOL for Kindergarten students; Grades 1-5 DO have regular school
EDUCATION WEEK: Monday, April 30th- Friday, May 4th
Monday. April 30th: School Yard Cleanup & Garbage Free lunch
- Tuesday, May 1st: Step Into Kindness Activity & Pine Grove Choir performance
- Wednesday, May 2nd: Celebration of Learning (5pm-7pm) *Families welcome
- Thursday, May 3rd: Westhaven Talent Show (9:00am-10:30pm) *Families welcome
- Friday, May 4th: Dress as a Book Character Day
- Thursday, May 17th: Swimming (field trip) @ 10:30 am-11:30 am
- Friday, May 18th & Monday, May 21st: NO SCHOOL for all students and staff (Victoria Day weekend)
- Friday, May 25th: NO SCHOOL for KINDERGARTEN students; all grades 1-5 DO have regular school
There will be several other field trips during the month of June so please take time to read of the classroom June newsletter with the dates, information and permission forms!
Thank-you for your continued support and cooperation, MERCI BEAUCOUP!